Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: camera support things

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Kathy S's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29th, 2001
    Posts
    304
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.b-hague.co.uk/

    just seen this site mentioned on shooting people and thought I would post it here for anyone who no longer reads it. looks useful and easy to copy from wht I've seen so far wink

    k

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ThomasB's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2000
    Posts
    171
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh my god, now that's what I'd love to get my hands on... but if I could afford these tools, I couldn't call me a no/low budget filmmaker anymore... expensive as hell!

    ------------------
    ThomasB
    http://www.biennavista.com

  3. #3
    Ralph Snart
    Guest Ralph Snart's Avatar

    Post

    Here we go.

    If what you are creating is crap, and you think it is fantastic then it is subjective.

    Bigger, better and more expensive is not in my opinion what this is all about.

    Although if something is not working do not beat your head against the wall!

    I shall cite a related example:

    A few years back, I watched a forum of syndicated newspaper cartoonists.

    What they said in essence is:

    Hey look, we have thousands of people that can draw letter perfect pictures of, whatever.
    What we need are ideas.
    Nothing is worse than having the skill, but not the concept.


    This fact was reenforced to me when I saw one of my worst screw up's as an Apple computer commercial.

    My version was better.

    That is when I realised that although I was counting pocket change for gas money I was THE BEST!

    so are you.


    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ThomasB's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2000
    Posts
    171
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nice speech, Ralph. I know exactly what you mean and I share the opinion.

    ------------------
    ThomasB
    http://www.biennavista.com

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sdchown's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2000
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well Ralph, the thing is there is a fine line between expensive and unnecessary, and slick and professional looking.

    I figure that we need every advantage you can get.

    ------------------
    Regards
    Stephen Chown
    Old Ones Productions

    [This message has been edited by sdchown (edited November 01, 2001).]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member hairbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10th, 2001
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Different people work in different ways. I'm particularly interested in smooth camera movement. When I `see` my work I don't `see` it with shaky cameras. Although some others don't care and would rather just tell their story however it comes out... myself I'm more inclined towards a cinematographic approach and consider the way my work looks as just as important as the story.

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •